Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Manufacturing managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a manufacturing establishment or of a production department within a manufacturing establishment, under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager. They are employed by manufacturing companies.
automobile production manager, clothing factory manager, dairy plant manager, distillery manager, factory superintendent, foundry manager, manufacturing manager, operations manager, manufacturing, plant manager, manufacturing, printing plant manager, production manager – manufacturing, textile mill manager, tire plant manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a manufacturing establishment or the operations or production department of a manufacturing establishment
- Develop and implement plans to efficiently use materials, labour and equipment to meet production targets
- Plan and manage the establishment of departmental budget
- Develop production schedules and maintain an inventory of raw materials and finished products
- Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work
- Direct quality control inspection system and develop production reporting procedures
- Develop equipment maintenance schedules and recommend the replacement of machines
- Hire, supervise and train or oversee training of employees in the use of new equipment or production techniques.
Outlook & Prospects for Manufacturing Managers in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Newfoundland and Labrador.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Avalon Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||N/A||N/A|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||2012-02-23|
|West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region||N/A||N/A|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers representing almost 40 machinists, millwrights and welders and Kruger have reached a deal with the Corner Brook pulp and paper mill.
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The provincial government's Dept. of Fisheries and Aquaculture has issued a call for proposals to evaluate new opportunities for harvesting, processing and marketing yellowtail flounder
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The provincial government Dept. of Natural Resources has announced plans for a $90M loan to the Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Mill to assist with industry challenges
- About 200 fishermen are protesting outside the Golden Shell Fisheries plant in Hickman's Harbour, Trinity Bay. The protestors want the plant to stop buying and processing crab until the price dispute is settled.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Workers at Labatt Breweries Newfoundland in St. John's have voted in favour of a strike. About 50 workers walked off the job the week of March 25 when the employer asked them to train replacement workers. Replacement workers are now on site.
- The Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Mill received a financial boost this week as the provincial government waived a tax exemption valued at $6M until 2017
- Date Modified: