Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Painters, sculptors and other visual artists create original paintings, drawings, sculptures, engravings and other artistic works. They are usually self-employed. This group also includes art instructors and teachers, who are usually employed by art schools.
art teacher (except primary, secondary and post-secondary education), artist, artistic painter, portrait painter, sculptor, silkscreen artist, watercolourist.
- Painters create drawings, paintings and other artwork using oils, pastels, watercolours, charcoal, ink and other media.
- Sculptors create sculptures, statues and other three-dimensional artwork by shaping, carving and working with materials such as clay, ice, paper, stone, wood or metal.
- Art instructors and teachers teach students the techniques and methods of drawing, painting, sculpting and other forms of artistic expression.
Outlook & Prospects for Painters, Sculptors and Other Visual Artists in Outaouais Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Outaouais region are expected to be good for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Espace Vie King Est, a new $2M building project, will launch in October in Sherbrooke at the corner of King Est and Curtis. The building will include retail space, offices and residential units. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- The golf course of Sainte-Marie in the Outaouais region has stopped its activities. Nearly a dozen seasonal employees are now without a job for the new season. (available in French only)
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
- The Laflèche Adventure Park in Val-des-Monts is temporarily closing its facilities for an indeterminate period (available in French only)
Week of Oct 15 – Oct 19, 2012
- Date Modified: